What we've been up to...
Our blog shares the highlights of our previous meetings and activities. Don't forget to sign up to our Newsletter on the Contact page to keep up with everything we're up to inside and outside our monthly meetings!
Chris Briggs –‘Massage Chris’, is a massage therapist with over 34 years experience in a job that has seen him working at grand prix circuits in Europe and the USA. He has even toured with the Spice Girls!
Chris took members through some simple massage techniques to help relieve tension, anxiety and encourage toxin release.
The exercises included
- Thumb rubs – a soothing exercise using the soft part of the hands.
- Side to side swings whilst standing up. Dropping shoulders to release tension.
- Head movements to get energy into the neck.
- Shoulder pulls
- Face Time – a series of massages for the face. Care to be taken around the eyes especially if contact lens are worn.
- Rubbing hands – warm hands placed over the face
- Breathing exercises which could be done at any time to help with anxiety.
- Painful hips – movements around the hips and buttocks to help with pain.
Chris recommended that none of the exercises should be done for more than a minute in a 15 minute session.
Chris has videos on YouTube and Instagram to help with techniques. He encouraged members to pass these moves on to friends and family.
You can find his YouTube channel here.